Washington DC

Saturday, June 24, 2006

IKEA!!

So first things first. If you haven't read Fridays yet scroll down and read it first. I decided to do today's now while I'm here and can still remember things fairly well. I hope.

Since today was Saturday and I slept in during the weekend it was time to be crazy and get up on time. Well if on time is 9:30. But I figured it was since I had been getting up at 10:30 to 11:00 during the week. After we got up I had a healthy breakfast of two strawberry poptarts. Thanks to grocery shopping last night. After hangin around all morning and just doing miscellaneous things it was off to get some stuff done. We finally left about 2:00ish. Our first stop was Ft. Belvor. We were mostly looking for a futon for the spare bedroom to sleep on instead of the couchs. We spent a while on the base going to the different store like stores looking and browsing for stuff.

After that we headed deeper south into the heart of Virgina. Ok so not that far south. But a lot farther then we had gone. And that's when we came upon it. It was IKEA. Now I was feely awkward about being an IKEA virgin but thankfully there was a sign right in the front door that read"It's ok to be aand IKEA virgin. Thank goodness for big comfortable making signs. After I read that though I was like yah know what this is going to be ok. Next the to greeter there was a pillar with instructions. You pick up your shopping list. Pick up your pencil. Pick up your measuring strip and head on in. I felt like if I was going to be a bum this would be the place to be one. Walk in during the day, hid till night, and let your dreams come true. There were two floors and maps and all sorts of other crap. It was truly a see to believe place. There is a five story parking garage, multiple food courts, and so many pieces of furniture that I could have slept in a different one for a good two years. After we left there to come home it started to downpour. I mean it rained hard for like a good five minutes. Unloaded the truck then came over here. So I guess I'd better go help put together that awesome IKEA futon. You know what I'm talking about with those crazy Sweeds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home